Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another good appointment!

Yesterday I had an appointment with the perinatologist as well as with my OB's office, and everything was very positive! At the peri's, they took measurements of the babies, and our little boy's estimated weight is 3 lbs. 4 oz., and our daughter's estimated weight is 3 lbs. 6 oz. - that's 6 lbs. 10 oz. of baby! That is more than I weighed when I was born, so no wonder I've been feeling so big. These are really good weights for 30 weeks, so I'm hoping that they will be up to 5 pounds by about 34 weeks.

Also, the peri felt comfortable having me come back in 2 weeks, instead of next week, so that was good, and if everything is still looking good, she may "graduate me," meaning I don't need to see her anymore. She said that after about 32 weeks, everyone's cervix starts to get shorter, so it's less of a concern.

Then, the on-call OB that I saw even mentioned that at my next appointment (also in 2 weeks, when I'll be about 32.5 weeks), they may allow me to increase my mobility! That would be fantastic, because all I want to be able to do is get some stuff ready around the house, and be able to go out to dinner (and maybe a movie) with my husband - I know that once these babies arrive it will be awhile before we get to do stuff like that, so it would be nice to have the chance before they get here!

So, good news all around yesterday - now the next major milestone is 32 weeks!

No comments: