Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Full term babies!

I can't believe we've made it this far! Once again at my OB visit, my doc shook her head in disbelief that I'm still pregnant. She did a pretty invasive internal exam yesterday to strip my membranes and hopefully stir things up - as a result, I had some bleeding and cramping most of yesterday, but it seems to have died down. This weekend Larry and I are going to see if we can get things moving on our own - go for walks, that sort of thing.

At yesterday's ultrasound, there was an even bigger size difference between our son and daughter - he is estimated to be 6lbs 4oz, and she is estimated to be 5lbs 7oz. However, these estimates can be off up to 17 oz in either direction, so who knows what their actual sizes really are - there's no way to know until they get here, and my docs don't seem to be worried, they just want to keep an eye on it.

Tonight my in-laws are coming over to celebrate my father in law's birthday (it was yesterday), and tomorrow, my family is coming by to celebrate my birthday, which is this coming Tuesday. I really hope these babies arrive before then! I already have 3 appointments scheduled for next week - one with the OB, and two with the perinatologist, for a non-stress test, and another biophysical profile. My OB mentioned scheduling an induction for the week between September 19 and 26, if I don't go into labor on my own over the next 6 days or so. She doesn't want me to go past 39 weeks (the 26th) because the longer I go the greater the risk of the placentas starting to fail. All we can do is wait and see - and be happy that we have healthy full-term babies!

1 comment:

monica said...

Congrats on full term babies! That is great news.